The Europa Sailing School: Now Accepting Enrollees!
Europa Yachts and Subic Sailing Club collaborate to allow you to discover the joys of sailing whether as a fun hobby, as an exhilarating sport, or even as a career! Embark on an adventure of a lifetime by being part of our first batch of students!
Why Choose Europa Sailing School?
As the newest premier sailing school in the Philippines, the Europa Sailing School is an institution dedicated to bringing sailing education in the country to the next level. Here are just some of the reasons why you should consider enrolling:
- Experienced instructors from the Subic Sailing Club and the International Yachting Fellowship of Rotarians (IYFR).
- Broad course offerings fit for beginners, improvers, those aiming for certification, or even those who plan to race competitively.
- Subic Bay is the best coastal playground near Manila to learn sailing—no choppy, busy harbor, and you’ll be sailing in a protected bay near our well-appointed headquarters, the Lighthouse Marina Resort.
- Flexible rates and sailing lesson schedules.
- The most exciting part? You’ll learn to sail using a brand-new, state-of-the-art Beneteau First 14, courtesy of Europa Yachts.
What Is the Subic Sailing Club?
The Subic Sailing Club is one of the most respected sailing bodies in the Philippines. First formed in 2004 as the Saturday Afternoon Gentlemen Sailors (SAGs), a club composed of noteworthy entrepreneurs, expats, and sports enthusiasts who shared a common passion for sailing, the group eventually reorganized as the Subic Sailing Club, a non-profit organization that would keep the sport of sailing alive and thriving in the Philippines.
Today, the club actively works on a number of advocacies, including the following:
- Encouraging more Filipinos to take up the sport of sailing.
- Promoting sailing as a sport that everyone can participate in, no matter the person’s status in life.
- Providing top quality sailing education to anyone who wants to learn about the sport.
- Organizing boating and yachting events that are accessible to every Filipino.
- Bringing attention to Subic Bay—and the Philippines as a whole—as one of the best sailing destinations in the world.
- Promoting environmental awareness and the need to work towards cleaner oceans.
- Highlighting the pressing issues that affect the Philippines as a maritime and archipelagic nation.
- Working with government and private entities to help Filipinos reach their full potential as a seafaring people.
- Bringing attention to and celebrating the achievements of Filipino seafarers.
- Currently the Managing Director and Head Instructor of the Subic Sailing Club
- Experienced recreational instructor certified by the International Yacht Training (IYT) Worldwide, a renowned sailing and boating training organization
- Certificate of Marine Profession as Boat Captain 2 from the Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
- International Certificate of Competency as Coastal Yachtmaster from the Asian Yachtmasters
Europa Sailing School Team
- Fernan Abapo Sarmiento
- Sean Mitchell
What Is Europa Yachts Philippines?
Europa Yachts Philippines is a premier distributor of vessels from some of Europe’s most illustrious names in the boatbuilding industry. These include watercrafts from Groupe Bénéteau, the renowned French boating conglomerate; Lagoon, the world’s number one catamaran maker; and Azimut Yachts, a global leader in super yachts.
Of the same mind as their friends at the Subic Sailing Club, the leaders of Europa Yachts believe that sailing is a sport in which Filipinos can excel and be among the best in the world. As a way of supporting the advocacy of the Subic Sailing Club, they are providing the Europa Sailing School with one of the most important hardware to be used by its students: the boats for sailing instruction.
The Boat: Bénéteau First 14
Designed by renowned naval architect Sam Manuard, the Bénéteau First 14 places emphasis on both design and ergonomics, as well as on speed and stability. She is a joy to sail solo or two-handed, making her an ideal vessel to introduce anyone to the sublime pleasures of sailing.
While this dinghy can fly with her carbon mast and self-tacking jib, there’s no need to feel intimidated. She is incredibly simple, comfortable and clutter-free—just what beginner sailors need for their first sailing lesson. Sure enough, the Bénéteau First 14 is also highly adaptable to sailing skills of all levels. As such, her performance specs are a definite bonus for more advanced sailors.
Intro Sail Course – approximately 3 hours
This introductory course for sailing includes an orientation, gear check, and a quick actual sailing activity.
Start Sailing Course
- 2 days
A practical 2-day course, this program offers a great way for students to get a feel for sailing. It teaches the fundamentals of how to steer a yacht under power, how to raise the sails, and how to handle ropes.
4 guided sailing sessions, 2 consecutive days.
Competent Crew Course
– 4 days
This course is a more advanced program that allows you to confidently cruise under sail and lets you experience being an active crew member.
With 8 guided sailing sessions. 4 straight days or split into 2 consecutive days (weekends or weekdays).
Day Skipper Course
– 6 days
This course is for those aiming to advance their skills to competitively sail in confidence on their own, as well as to sail as a skipper while giving instructions to a crew. It offers an introduction to racing, and ends with a qualification for the Bénéteau First Cup.
12 guided sailing sessions. 3 sets of 2 consecutive days (weekends or weekdays).
Learn How to Sail Now! Enroll with Your Details Below