6 Tips For First Time Boat Buyers
August 3, 2018
Purchasing a yacht will be one of the biggest, and most rewarding, investments you can make.
Few things in life can say, “I’ve made it in life!” better than a boat. Having your own yacht allows you to enjoy the irresistible lure of the boating lifestyle here in the Philippines. Thankfully, this lifestyle is more accessible than you think.
That being said, a yacht is still a considerable purchase, and there are several things you should consider before buying your first yacht.
- Give in to impulsivity: Choosing your first yacht should be like falling in love – if it tugs at your heartstrings, that’s the boat you should be getting. You can look at several models, but there will always be that one special luxury yacht that you won’t be able to stop thinking about. Don’t be afraid of an impulse buy.
- Look for a yacht design complements you: Yachts come in so many different permutations of design and functionality. Choosing the right design will have a significant impact on how much you enjoy your boat. Consider your lifestyle, your vision, and what your hopes are for your new yacht.
- Think about the trips you’re planning to take: Do you intend to sail the world, will you have it chartered, or will you be using your yacht to entertain friends and family during the weekend? These kinds of trips require vastly different kinds of yachts.
- Custom yachts require patience: If you decide to have a yacht custom-made to cater to your unique vision, it may take some time for builders and designers to comprehend it. You’ll need to talk to several naval architects until you find the person who truly understands your vision.
- Understand your limitations: Choosing the right yacht can be as overwhelming as it is exhilarating. But it’s crucial to keep in mind that some yachts may have limitations that will inhibit your enjoyment. Knowing your limitations will help you select a yacht with the specs that will compliment you, instead of limit you.
- Let your passion fuel your purchase: Go for the yacht and design you want, even if people think you’re crazy for it. It is your boat, after all; so let your passion guide you until you have found the boat or design that makes your heart skip a beat.
When you purchase a yacht, it’s more than just a matter of finances. You will be joining a group of rare, adventurous individuals who understand how yachting can elevate your lifestyle unlike anything else in the world.
Ready to jump into the yachting lifestyle? Give us a call and we’ll walk you through on how to jumpstart your life aboard your dream boat.
All photos © by Bénéteau photographer, Nicolas Claris